Wednesday 28 February 2024

Tuesday 27th February 2024

And just like that, spring arrived.

Hello, it said.

Thing is, I have been working hard and am ahead in planning for the next few week's work, so there was a chance I would take some time off during the day to get some sun and maybe some work in the garden.

Not only was it going to be sunny. And warm, there would be but a gentle breeze, so would be most pleasant. And a certain black and white cat named after the female lead in the X Files would want me to join her on the bench.

So, I did my morning admin, dealt with the urgent and not so urgent mails, had breakfast of toasted cheese cob and a large brew.

and all was well with the world.

Come nine and I did did out with Scully, looking at the birds on the feeder and soaking up the warm sunshine.

Maybe warm enough for butterflies though none seen this time.

There were two tasks to get done: one was to cut the buddleia back to the stump, then to transplant the wisteria from the large pot into the old raspberry beds, which should make it easier to care for and the plant happier.

I was helped in this by the fact my knee was almost pain free, so got sawing on the buddleia and leaving the branches to picked up later, then digging out the wisteria and digging the hole in the old bed.

Wisteria relanted That done, I watered the wisteria in, stamped the soil down, and although not pretty, it was in and I could sit some more and survey my work.

The birds sang, though the daily inspection of the pond revealed no spawn still.

I worked through the day, though not much on. I am the go-to person apparently for advice on several areas, so deal with some questions, but by two I decided to log off and sit in the garden some more and read.

I was putting the branches in a waste bag, and I saw a flutter of tiny wings, and a Blue Tit, all puffed up, came flying over and landed nearly at my feet.

Fearless.

It had something stuck to its beak, so was washing it off, and taking its time so I sould go inside and get my camera go back outside and rattle off 20 shots. I only used the macro, but even this was good for pretty good close ups, and the fluffy feathers.

Fifty eight Until four when it became chilly, so back inside and think about dinner, which was to be dirty burgers and beer.

Because.

So, burgers with onions and sauce and Christmas beer from Norfolk went down well, and required not much clearing up. So I could watch the FA Cup action with Scully from the sofa.

No comments: