Monday 19 February 2024

Saturday 17th February 2024

It might not sound much, but seven days away in Iceland and five days on the Isle of Wight, with just four days at home between, has made me rather yearn for a quiet weekend at home.

Forty eight And thanks to the knee, I have the excuse, to myself, not to be going out doing stuff.

In fact, on Friday I had visited four churches, and had two more on my list, but my knee said "go home".

So I did.

It is getting better, though a numb pain does develop if I'm on my feet, standing still for ten minutes or more, so I am hopeful.

Saturday morning, Jools went to Tesco and then into town, while I stayed home, did the washing up and making breakfast.

Outside it was a cloudy start with cloud building which would lead to ten hour of heavy rain overnight. I was happy looking out at the weather.

And come half twelve, there is always football to watch, and then listen to games on the radio from three and finally Citeh v Chelsea on the telebox at half five.

Norwich knocked in another four against Cardiff, and the question now is have we really turned a corner of is this a longer blip in good form.

Time will tell.

We got round to put up the clock I liked and so bought in Iceland, which in a day of little action becomes the shot f the day.

No comments: