Monday 19 February 2024

Sunday 18th February 2024

Day two of the quiet weekend, enforced rest due to my knee. But it seems to be working, with me not need gripping furniture as I walk round the house, and most of the time, no limp.

It was walking weather, but I don't go, though Jools does go to Samphire Hoe for a wander, and ends up being gone two hours.

I stay at home and prepare cottage pie.

Cottage Pie is like shepherd's pie, except in a cottage pie the reused meat is beef rather than lamb, obviously, in a shepherd's.

I boiled three spuds, chopped up the leftover beef, mix in the last dregs of the gravy and add a few part-boiled carrots. And finally, after combining these, I grate a good 6oz cheddar on top to make it crispy, and defrost then warm up a container of Boston beans

Forty nine After we ate, there is football, so the afternoon is spent in the timeless battle against falling asleep.

Brighton thrashed Sheffield Utd 5-0, but Man Utd struggled to overcome Luton. Engaging, but not enthralling.

And that was the weekend.

No comments: