Wednesday 14 February 2024

Tuesday 13th February 2024

I travel in biscuits, getting me nowhere.

I am here for work, after all, not for sightseeing.

This is the view outside my hotel window, of the fence marking the boundary on a hill from next door.

Forty four It is, at least, quiet at night.

Up at six, and the rain was already falling, and would get worse.

Down for breakfast at half seven for a sausage and bacon butty with Askil, before leaving for the factory at eight, expecting to encounter traffic into Newport, but being school holidays, it was very quiet.

And so, turning down Stag Lane, and down the hill to the Medina, and the factory.

This is where we earn our wages.

I won't bore you with details, but time went quick, we had lunch, did a tour round the factory.

I have been coming here for a decade, and most people I audit are now really friends, meaning its good to catch up as well as earning our corn.

Rain hammered down on the factory roof all day, so at the end of the day we hurried to the car, and drove back to the hotel.

The tour round the factory meant my knee was very angry, so no walk into town even if the weather had cleared, instead we book a table at the hotel and i went to my room to take drugs.

Dinner was roast beef and some of the trimmings but the fresh vegetables were good. And back in my room to follow Norwich at home to Watford, and running out 4-2 winners and back in the top 6.

No comments: