Friday 16 February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Wednesday, an second day of the three day audit, meaning there would be little time for snapping if my knee didn't buck its ideas up.

This was also the day that rather than have a sausage and bacon sandwich, I would have a "full" English, or sausages, bacon, hash browns, scrambled egg and fried bread.

Fried bread is really the best part of a fry up, I think.

It was a warm and humid morning, but not yet raining. Anyway, it was just a short quiet drive to the factory for a half eight start. As before they plied us with coffee, cakes and cookies.

I'd rather be sleeping.

It turned out.

We finished work at half three, with just a short session to do the next day, I thought we should investigate the real ale pub I had seen the sign for on the way back.

Forty five The Traveller's Rest was half a mile down a road lined with semi-detached houses, not where you'd expect to see an old school boozer. But there it was.

We had a pint of Old Peculiar each and retired to the easy chairs to sup and chat.

And it was a fine pint too.

I could have stayed there all evening, but I was driving, so I took us back to the hotel, giving us just over an hour to relax before meeting for a walk into town.

A valentine's day walk into Cowes I put the strap on, had my stick, and so we set off in a light drizzle which would increase to a heavy drizzle as the evening wore on.

A valentine's day walk into Cowes On the beach a couple of hardy fishermen dangled worms in the Solent, while a small fully lit cruise ship made its way out into open water.

I limped along, at half speed.

The pubs near the yacht club were closed, so we pressed on into the High Street, and after much discussion ended up in the Harbour Kitchen.

The Harbour Kitchen, Cowes It was crazy busy, what with it being Valentine's Day, but they got us a table, and our burgers arrived very quick, along with a local abbey ale.

Also good.

Ad then along to the Ale House for another beer, before we turned for the hotel as the drizzle got heavier, carried on a light westerly.

A valentine's day walk into Cowes I made it back, but had done too much, and would suffer for it through the night.

No comments: