Monday 26 February 2024

Sunday 25th February 2024

For the first time in four weeks, I went out walking around the neighbourhood, looking for signs of Spring.

I didn't do as many steps as usual, just tried to do as many as I could until my knee began to ache.

Anyway, saw some new plants in flower, most amazingly a large cowslip at the end of the street.

Fifty six I got back just as the clouds thickened and the heavy rain forecast arrived. Walking off the pavement down the lanes is out of the question due to thick mud.

But spring is coming.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My knee still ached, but I knew I had to start doing something. So, I decided on a walk round the neighbourhood and in doing that I could do a wild flower survey.

Crocus Jools had suggested going down to Dover to walk along the prom, but I liked the idea of being able to get home within a few minutes.

So that was settled.

And with heavy rain and strong winds blowing in from lunchtime, it would have to be a morning walk.

We woke up hungry, so I made bacon butties and strong brews, which went down well. And after clearing up, Jools went to town and I put on my shoes for a walk.

The village Not far, just up to Hardy, along there, doubling back along Collingwood, past places I know there would be wild flowers, possibly blooming.

Daffodils It was cold and grey, but walking soon had the blood pumping, and once up Station Road, slightly downhill along Hardy, then cutting up Seymour and back along Collingwood, just so I could check out the Coltsfoot that grow in a small area beside one house.

Cowslip The dull day meant they weren't open, but there were four spikes, just not open.

I took a shot, then walked back down to home.

Not far, but enough.

Said my knee.

Once Jools got back, we had breakfast for lunch, and then there was football.

Of course.

With the main even being the League Cup Final between Chelsea and Liverpool, which ended in a 1-0 win for Liverpool after 120 minutes of play.

Chorizo hash for dinner, quickly rustled up between the gaps in the football, so we sat down to eat at six, and listen to Desert Island Disks, and once again, the weekend was over.

No comments: