Saturday 16 September 2017

Friday 15th September 2017

So, we made it to the weekend. Well done both of us, and all those who read these words. What a shitty week it has been all round to be honest. And then there is the return of the allergies, awake again at half four for no reason, but knowing that there was another attack coming. Laying in bed, waiting for dawn to arrive and then it be time to get up. Sitting at the table, Jools having left for work, this time on just an eight hour day instead of the usual 13, and then the sneezing starts. And it does not stop for two minutes.

Upstairs to get the allergy pills, have the door open to get fresh air in, so I am sitting at the dining room table with my fleece on, just to stay warm. But the allergies do ease.

I have meetings, and need to make phone calls and close three more travel claims. And also try to stay sneeze free, so take regular breaks standing outside as the day warms up. And by lunchtime, it is warm enough to have lunch on the patio, reading the latest WSC and being watched over by at least one cat in case I make a move to the cupboard where the kitty kibbles are stored.

I go round to inspect the garden, it might be autumn, but where we have deadheaded, new flowers are forming, most surprisingly on the digitalis, where complete new flowering spikes have formed. I am shadowed by Mulder and Molly, and when I see how close they will get, I lay down on what we call the lawn, and Molly is right beside me, rolling over and over in the sunshine. So I snaps her picture to show it really happened.

Two hundred and fifty eight When I do work, with the regular early mornings this week, I can feel a migraine building too, so have to balance out work with the risk of one going defcon 1 and then having the spend the rest of the day laying in a darkened room. By three I think that any work issues that might occur can wait until Monday to be sorted, so switch the laptop off, sit in the garden some more, then wonder where Jools is. As she should have left work at three and she said she did not want to do any chores on the way home.

The I remembered she was going to see the old folks n Whitfield, so no worries for me after all. And at five, I begin to peel and prepare the aubergines for dinner, Jools arriving back home just as I had breadcrumbed the last slice. All there was then to do was to fry them up until all golden brown, then we can sit down, knowing the week was over, listening to the final hour of the Lamaqc show on 6 Music.

The rest of the night there is Mastermind, Only Connect and Monty, but seems we were both falling asleep on the sofa, so we calls it a night at half nine, and head to bed. As tomorrow we are up early as we are going to that London again.

No comments: