Saturday 30 September 2017

Friday 29th September 2017

And all of a sudden I come to the end of the working week, and when I am to take a break from work as I am off to Norfolk/Suffolk on Sunday to be with Mum when she has her operation and then stay around for her recuperation. I am concerned to make sure that I am not just up to date at work, but ahead, and every one knows what the situation is and am happy with the situation, which explains why my day was full of meetings and editing documents. Everyone is very concerned with me and my Mother, and if you are, let me tell you that I am fine, and Mum is in the best place, being looked after as well as anyone can be. Once I am up staying at hers tomorrow, and then traveling to the hospital day after day, maybe I will feel different.

Until then there are loose ends to tie up, people to inform, and make sure that tasks get taken care of. And there are working hours to log, to make sure the project gets paid, and I don't lose my job, which I think is quite important.

It is a fine day, though with cloud expected in the afternoon, by the time work is done there won't be much light to go out walking. Light because photography of course, and anyway, it seems the day slips away from me, and with the wireless on, it seems that I am focussed on cooking and music and larking about.

But before then there is work, typing up more notes, chairing meetings, making phone calls, all round ensuring that lessons are learned and we get better. What an all round good egg I am.

Two hundred and seventy two Once Jools is home, we sit on the patio eating ice cream, because ice cream. And then drinking coffee. Because it am the weekend, and there won't be many more afternoons we can do this. Instead of fish and chips, we are having cheesy beans on toast for dinner, mainly because we have a two month old block of cheddar that English Heritage want to list, so I scrape of the interesting mould off the side, slice it and add it to the second side of toast before adding beans and freshly ground pepper. This is a well known dish in Rome, but the addition of freshly milled pepper to tinned beans is essential.

Once darkness falls, there is time for a shower before TOTP from 1984; all Flock of Seagulls, but not that one. Or that one, but their rubbish last hit when Mike Score had a long flowing mullet. Proper rubbish. And there was George Michael, Howard Jones, Iron Maiden, Black Lace. All the fun of the charts in the mid 80s, really.

And then there was Mastermind, Only Connect and Monty. Jools was asleep by this point, but hey. And it is the weekend.

No comments: