Saturday 30 September 2017

Further update

I know in the last week or so I have done separate postings regarding Mother, as well as including news in the text of normal posts.

Anyway, Thursday afternoon I received a call to say that Papworth had confirmed her operation for Wednesday, so will be transferred on Tuesday at some point. We talked for a while, and although there isn't really much I can say to make things any better, other than she is going to be in the best place for heart surgery.

Despite being back in James Paget, she is on the ACU, Acute Cardiac Unit, so if there was any doubt about her long term odds. So the operation will happen, and then see from there how she fares. I am going up on Sunday, staying at her house, visiting her in Gorleston Sunday and Monday, and then waiting for news how things go on Wednesday.

We have had to arrange a hire car for Jools as I will be taking our, so I can come and go when needed from hospitals. I expect to be away for maybe four weeks to start with, then we shall see how things go from then. Might be longer, might be shorter. So, if you read between the lines of the above, I will be way most of the month. I will try to write each day and so will post when I come home. I might not even have any internet access at all, we shall see. A break might do me good.

I even have some reading planned, which will also do me good. News as I get it.

No comments: