Friday 1 September 2017

Wednesday 30th August 2017

All good things come to an end, even for me. And it being Wednesday meant I had to go back to work, or get the work laptop out and see if I could remember the password. Seems like I had left myself a cryptic clue in my notebook, but what could it mean?

Even before then, though, there was problems. Both Jools and I were awake at half one in the morning. I mean wide awake. We talked then decided to get up and have a coffee. Or tea in my case We do some work on our computers, one hour passed. Two hour passes. Even though we were not tired, we thought we should try to get back to bed and see if we could get sleep.

I guess we do get back, the alarm goes off and Jools gets up. I go back to sleep, apparently, as she wakes me at seven telling me she was going to work. So, I had better get up. Bless her, she had even left me a coffee on the table downstairs.

Come eight I am just about ready for work, so switch the laptop on and wait for software downloads to instal, and then, brace yourself, check Outlook. Not too bad, less than a hundred mails waiting. So, I dive back in.

A problem is the passport, so I call the passport office and it seems to be a real issue, meaning that I will have to get a new one, and meaning I have to go up to London to get a new one. Getting this information takes me three hours on the phone, waiting in line for an operator to be free. Three times.

So that was the morning, then update meetings with my manager and boss, and sorting through the main took me to three, and the headache began, a warning that if I did not stop a migraine would come. So I stop, switch of the computer and lay on the sofa.

I could not go out as it had been hammering down since the night before, barely letting up, at least it would do the garden good, I suppose. But it feels cold, and is dark enough to have the table lamp on. Is this really still August?

It is apparently.

But then there is little to do for dinner, just egg and breadcrumb more aubergine. As you do, then I am frying them up as Jools returns home. She is shattered as I am, but has also had to drive to and from work.

Two hundred and forty two We watch a recorded Gardner's World, but Jools sleeps through most of it, and I struggle to keep my eyes open too, meaning at nine we are off to bed, hoping to sleep through till six.

No comments: