Monday 25 September 2017

Further update

Not much to add really to what I said thus far. But, Mum is still in the N&N hospital, but will be transferred back the James Paget in Yarmouth today whilst she waits for a bed at Papworth.

I have spoken to her, and her cleaner! She is better now, less breathless, but clearly not well enough to go home. I mean it sounds that she is getting better and should be soon heading home. Then you have to remind yourself that she is to have a major operation next week. Jools and I had a long conversation about this last night, and clearly, no matter how routine a procedure is, all operations carry risk, cardiac procedures more so. And, lets not be kidding ourselves here, she is not in the best of health, and when that is the case, even if the operation goes well, recovery time is longer and more drawn out.

I suspect I, or Jools and I, expect to be up in Suffolk at least for four weeks once she is out of hospital. THe plan is for me to stay at her house and travel into Cambridge most days until she is home, then be there as she recovers.

Mum has no internet connection, so will be offline for some time, which in the cosmic scale of things, is the least of my worries. Not that I am worrying, those of you who know the relationship with my Mother should understand this.

So, things are on pause for now, I will work today and travel to Hamburg tomorrow for the planned meeting. After than, we shall see.

No comments: