Friday 29 September 2017

Thursday 28th September 2017

I wake like I had been asleep for ten minutes. But Jools' alarm is going off, so despite being dark, it must be time to get up. And outside, rain falls steadily, matching my mood.

Anyway, it being a school day, ots to do before logging onto the company site, checking mails and the such. And there are bins to put out, coffee and breakfast to make. Oh dearie me. And blogs to write of course.

Jools worked 12 hours on Wednesday, so is now fully caught up, and so a bit of a relative lay in was good for her, although she faces a half hour drive each way to the office, has to make her lunch before she goes. She is showered and dressed and on her way at twenty past seven, just time to get to the factory in time, and I have time for breakfast before I have to start work and the day will begin with a meeting. And then another meeting, then type up notes, then have lunch.

Two hundred and seventy one And so on. At least outside the rain continued to fall, not letting full daylight appear. I have to have the table lamp on to see what I was doing. And then are the cats.

Dover Eastern Docks Molly has learned that she can sit on the work laptop, or behind it, or beside it, and just stare at me, silently meowing, and turning out she wants neither food, attention. Just meow. When I work out what meow is, I will let you know. And this behaviour goes on all day, at least until the afternoon when the rain stops and the sun comes out. And then she goes hunting and brings me a mouse, a vole and another mouse.

Dover Eastern Docks Which is nice.

Sunny Dover Come four in the afternoon and it is time to fill up the car before taking the car back to the hire office. As the old manager has now left, I am finding it hard to get the new one to come and pick me up or drop me back home, so it being a nice afternoon, I would walk to the Rack of Ale and Jools collect me on the way home after work.

Sunny Dover Indeed it is a wonderful day, driving down Jubilee Way then curving high over the docks, and it was one of those rare moments when there were no ferries in, but looking across the Channel I could see three steaming towards port.

Sunny Dover The car is dropped off, I take a few shots of the new approach with Jubilee Way above as I do walk out, along East Cliff before crossing over to the Promenade. It is a fine walk, warm sunshine and at high tide, the sea a deep shade of blue. The new St James Development is nearing completion, at least of the main building work. But the town itself is in a state. More shops stand empty, and I find out later that others are thinking of closing when the new development opens at the start of next year. Even McDonald's is to close, with a new drive-thru branch open in Whitfield. I mean how bad can things be when Maccy Dees leave?

Sunny Dover I walk along Biggin Street to Maison Dieu, then along Cherrytree to The Rack. There are a few others sitting in, so I take a seat, order the first beer and read a copy of i as I wait for Jools to arrive in about 40 minutes. I wish we could go more often, but we get wrapped up in our lives so much, sometimes we just forget to go out, and we can have a beer or cider at home.

As it happens, Jools had forgotten I was to be picked up, and goes straight home, but finding the doors locked realises where I am comes to rescue me from having to order a third pint!

Once home I am trusted with a knife to prepare the veg for chorizo hash, and against all odds, comes out well, it being cooked in about an hour from getting home, but already it was half seven and it seems half the evening gone.

As ever, there was football on the radio, but as Arsenal don't seem to be taking the Europa League seriously, why should we?

No comments: