Saturday 2 September 2017

Friday 1st September 2017

And just like that the week drew to an end, although I think its fair to say, the days of wine and roses are coming to an end, as the fervor rises with each day on the new project. I think with each week now, there will be more and more demands on my and my time, but for now there is the task of trying to sort of time sheets.

That has been the message this week. Book time.

So once it was time to start work, I check time sheets to find I am pretty much up to date.

But before then, I must tell you, it seems I caught up on my sleep. I did not hear Jools get up before six, get dressed, make breakfast, have a shower (not in this order, clearly), and take the car to work. IN fact, there is the possibility I would still be sleeping now, only Scully jumped up on the bed, and on me to tell me that I was sleeping in her spot. It was quarter to eight!

I had already missed a meeting that morning. And nearly missed a second. And my head felt like it was full of wool again.

Anyway, I was off and running, and the day went by quite well, until I reached three o'clock, and after some emergency food in the shape of two slices of fried bread, I had lasted the day. And outside the clouds had parted, the rain had stopped, and the sun came out. A fine end to the three day working week.

Two hundred and forty four Jools called from Tesco; should she bring home fish and chips? Yes, I think you should.

So, dinner was sorted, as was shopping as she had been to Tesco too, so no need to go in the morning, as we would be otherwise engaged. But more of that tomorrow.

THere was football on TV later, England playing Malta, and a dreadful game it was too, but somehow they scored three goals in the last 5 minutes to win 4-0. And even more surprisingly, I stayed awake through the whole game. Mostly.

No comments: