Tuesday 5 September 2017

Monday 4th September 2017

If things had gone differently, I would be flying out to Denmark this morning for three days of wining and dining and generally have a great time celebrating the end of the last project. As it is, I have no usable passport, so am stuck at home until I can get it replaced. I had also arranged to meet with friends, all of which now would have to be postponed for next week. Or the week after.

The plan to go to London was also postponed as I needed a counter-signature, and I might get that in the morning. Or later in the day anyway.

So I have to make the most of it, spending the day working from home and waiting on the needs of my feline overlords. Jools is up at the crack of dawn, or just before it, as her boss is on a course three days and then on vacation, and she is two weeks behind with work, thanks to no one does her job when she is on vacation. She is getting recognition for the hours she is putting in, and that her work is keeping the manufacturing going. But it is hard on her. At least I can cook for her, have it ready when she comes home, and ply her with coffee and Magnums of an evening.

Two hundred and forty seven Before the football starts. Anyway.

There is rain outside, mails to answer and phone calls to make. So too much time to procrastinate and stare out of the window. THe door to Bob's house is open before nine, so I go over as I remember his son would have to sign a photograph of me too. He is there, so I wait, full of apology, whilst he fills in the form, still dressed in his uniform after finishing his night shift. I feel so worthless.

But it is done, so I place all the documents, photographs and old passport into an envelope, and place them in a place I would not forget. I hoped.

Let the day continue.

I find two dried curling slices of corned beef for lunch. I add slices of fresh onion and some sweet chutney and make something acceptable. Lunch is served just after half ten. It's that kind of day.

The working day ends, and the most important thing on my mind was the World Cup of Disco on the Steve Lamaqc show. I mean who cares if the world is about to end, but this is clearly more serious. Which song would you choose: We are Family, Lost in Music, Same, Carwash and so on? Billy Ocean for me, Love Really Hurts Without You always gets my feet moving. Anyway, something to listen to while I cook breaded chicken and lentil dahl. Yummy.

And come quarter to eight, there is the thrill of England v Slovakia on TV, with the visitors taking the lead after 3 minutes. Oh dearie, dearie me. But England fight back and win, 2-1, but should have won by more. But darkness has felt, and Scully is meowing upstairs suggesting, strongly, that it is bedtime. And she is right.

No comments: