Saturday 9 September 2017

Friday 8th September 2017

People, somehow we made it to the weekend. Or at least on the cusp of it, and am alive to tell the tail. Although, those who live in the Caribbean who are dealing with what looks like the largest hurrican seen in over half a century, a one in 500 year event, and the 2nd of three such hurricanes in three weeks. But of course, this is normal, not evidence for global warming, and to do so is insullting those whose houses and homes are about to be flattened. Anyway, we are told hurricane Irma is a left wing lie, so no need to evacuate.

I try to stay out of what happens on the other side of the pond. Although can guess what I think of the orange skinned spunkmonkey, and it is a total clusterfuck. We have our own clusterfuck over here with Brexit, and to poke fun of another country screwing their history up seems wrong. Anyway, three category 5 hurricanes in three weeks. Not good.

There is work to do; post my working hours, now that we actually have a project, the process have changed, so have to learn all new stuff to do. Jools had gone to work by the time I am up and about, and the cats have been fed and are all bedding down for a hard morning's sleeping. I ponder whether to get back in bed, but decide I should probably work.

All in all, not much to report; just the usual. Work. make phone calls. Answer mails. Send texts. Arrange travel.

Oh, and my passport arrived. Hand delivered before half eight, which means I am no longer stuck on these shores, just need an excuse to travel now. And not just because we're running low on wine and curry ketchup. Germany at the end of the month, if you're interested, the first of a monthly trip to Hamburg. Every month. Playing games.

I have lunch at nine in the morning. Because I'm hungry, and my stomach demands fried bread with scrambled egg on. With lots of ground pepper. Hits the spot for sure, but then I have to ignore the hunger pangs after lunch as I am expecting Jools soon after half four to come home laden with fish and chips.

She arrived at twenty to five with shopping, and no fish and chips, but I had made drinks as she reversed down the drive, so we have those then she goes for fish and chips. and returns twenty minutes later with wrapped food smothered in salt and malt vinegar.

Jools has bought two litres of gin, so after dinner I prick each and every one of the sloes, put them in the jar, add sugar and gin. And some rum. Shake. And marvel as the gin turns black.

Two hundred and fifty one It is the weekend. And, although I would like to chill out, because it is the heritage weekend, I have lots of church visits planned.

And despite having down very little, I feel pooped, so sit on the sofa to watch Mastermind, Only Connect and Gardner's World. Two hours later, it is dark and time for bed. But it is the weekend, and tomorrow is a day of leisure during which I will drive 200 miles to visit churches. As you do.

No comments: