Saturday 21 October 2017

Friday 20th October 2017

On top of all the stuff that has been going on this month, Molly has also been under doctor's, or vet's, orders. She seems to have had such a major change in temperament, sometimes her eyes seem dilated and she is always hungry.

Two weeks ago a lump was found, but this was found to be more like fluid than anything more dangerous. She is suffering from high blood pressure, so has been put on medication, and yesterday she was due for a follow up. What we can say she is, apart from the blood pressure, she is in great health; good teeth, perfect blood work. So, what with her being as energetic as ever, we are not too concerned.

I was at least back home, but today we went with Jen to the hospital to collect the certificate, and then able to make an appointment with the local registrar. We spent a few hours with her, had lunch before we came back to do some gardening.

The two builders we have used on the last two jobs with the house and garden, and who were going to do the new beds for us, well, Steve has suffered health problems; yeah, I know. So it was left to us to dig the first of the beds in order to be able to plant the fritillaries we bought before the weather got too bad. There is another bed to be dug so we can move the ones we have already, but one thing at a time. So, I was digging the trench to put in the bulbs, it had to be about a foot deep, so with the soil being dry, it was like digging in concrete. I carried on, but as I dug further, my back began to complain, but then that is nothing new.

I reached the end, tried to stand up and it was like someone was stabbing me in the backside, but sciatic nerve had gone. With Jools' help we put in the bulbs, topped up with fresh compost then covered the trench up, stamping it down, by which point i could hardly walk.

I struggle to get in the house, and slump on the sofa, puffing away due to the pain. Jools gets me some drugs while I try to find a position in which I don't hurt.

Jools takes Molly to the vet for her check up; her pressure is low, but not low enough so has to double her drug dosage.

And then there was Mum.

When I left her on Wednesday, she wasn't feeling too well, blamed on a new machine that had been fitted, but she got really poorly during Wednesday, and due to an administrative mistake, none of the nurses could tell me anything. So, I waited all day Friday for the doctor to call me with an update as what was wrong, and just gone six she rang. Mum had been suffering from septicemia, and there was concern her new valve was the cause. In the meantime she was put on high dose antibiotics, and in 24 hours she was much improved.

Two hundred and ninety three I cook dinner, mostly standing on one leg due to the pain, and then once eaten I sit on the sofa all evening, as sitting at the table was proving to be so painful.

Another one of those days when there was so much going on, I really don't know where to start in describing it all. Maybe tomorrow will be better?

No comments: