Tuesday 24 October 2017

Monday 23rd October 2017

After three weeks on dutiful son duty I am back home, and being Monday, back to work.

In fact there wasn't as many e mails waiting for me once I had remembered my password and got logged on, but three weeks of updates to download and install, Outlook acted like a ZX Spectrum all day, freezing and so on every time I tried to write a mail of forward something on.

My back was killing me still, not so bad when I woke up, but once I sat on the dining room chair, I made it worse and so in order to cope I perch on the edge of the chair looking like a garden gnome hopelessly fishing in a dry garden.

Jools makes me coffee and I sit on the sofa to drink it and to watch the last night's football, and still be able to log onto work on time at eight in the morning.

And after feeling like poo for a couple of hours, I'm soon back in the groove and even the pain in my back fages a little.

I would have gone for a walk, but soon a steady drizzle began to fall, and sea mist drifted in from the cliffs making it a very grey and dull day. Not much of a chance to go out, s I take breaks and walk into the kitchen to make regular brews and sit on the sofa to drink, stroking Molly as she sleeps away.

Two hundred and ninety six Jools comes back just after two so we can go to Jen's so to be there when the minister arrives. Lets not kid ourselves, Tony nor any of us are religious, but somehow a religious service was requested by Tony. So there are hymns to choose and readings to select, and discuss what sort of person Tony was.

We are home at six, late to feed the cats, but they'll survive. They make a lot of noise, but then so do I.

I am feeling drained thanks to my back, so its all a little quiet in the evening, spent watching Autumnwatch on TV before going to bed at half nine, and hoping I would feel better in the morning.

No comments: