Sunday 22 October 2017

Saturday 21st October 2017

In bed, ever time I turned over, the pain in my thigh woke me up. It was little better once I was awake, making that first move that would cause a pain to shoot up my spine. But, once on my feet, I was better, at least in less pain, just took some time to get going.

After coffee, Jools said she would go to Tesco, leaving me to stay at home and struggle in trying to get a pair of trousers on. I have trouble at the best of time, but, now.... And as for socks.....

By the time Jools comes back, I am dressed and have washed up, so can warm up the croissants and make more coffee.

I am walking like an old man, at least until i get on a roll, at which point I find it hard to stop.

The main news of the day is Storm Brian, and we are waiting here for it to hit Dover, but for the morning, it is dry and bright if windy. And I think it is good for me and my back to mow the lawn. Or to mow the parts that need to be seeded for the autumn.

It was a struggle at the end, but it gets done, half the lawn mowed, and now ready for seeding. I take to the sofa to whimper quietly whilst Jools carries on sorting out the compost and thin out flowers that have now finished. But just before lunchtime, the rain arrived.

Two hundred and ninety four And it was at this point we had decided to visit Jen. Driving along the A2 to Whitfield was like being in a monsoon, or driving in a river as the rain came down. And once at Jen's, we had to run the ten steps to the front door, getting soaked in the process. I sat in their conservatory, as the rain bounced down on the plastic roof, drowning out even my thoughts. The funeral date has been set, 1st October.

There is to be a meeting at which all photos of Tony and the Family are to be collected, ready for the funeral. But from what we found later that day, since Jools and I got together, we have taken very shots of the old fella. But then like most of us, he didn't like his picture taken.

Jools and I come back home; Jen has her best friend, Sylv, staying with her now. We leave the house to the sound of laughter as Betty is trying to select her bets for the afternoon's geegees.

No game for City on Saturday, so I Lay on the sofa as the rain hammers down again outside. The rest of the afternoon alternates between bright sunshine and biblical showers. The cats don't know what to make of it, apparently it requires more food. Always more food.

Huddersfield beat Man Utd 2-1, despite Mark Lawrenson not only writing of their chances that afternoon but the next week too. Huddersfield create and score two chances; all they needed really. We eat party food both for lunch and dinner, it is easy and requires just putting the nibbles on the baking tray then tipping off when cooked. Easy.

Outside it gets dark and the wind and rain continues. There is the chance of sunshine tomorrow, would be good to see too.

I am fit for nothing other than sitting on the sofa and watching more TV for the evening.

No comments: