Tuesday 31 October 2017

Monday 30th October 2017

All Hallows Eve Eve.

If you will.

And it is Monday again, and I am finding it hard to summon up the enthusiasm for work. Maybe its the time of year, what is happening around us, I don't know. But the weekend was so splendid, working in the garden and relaxing, doing stuff, even if Jools was away for nearly half of it. Back at work means, well, work.

It is now getting light when we get up, and before seven the sun has risen over the dip at the back of the house, and soon sunshine is pouring in through the windows, and with the heating in, it feels very warm indeed. So I switch the heating off. Mistake #1. I even open the back door to allow some air into the house, I mean its warm enough out there, right? mistake #2.

Soon it was getting chilly as the day clouded over. But I sit here telling myself that I was imagining the cold. By two when I give in, close the door and put the heating back on, it is so cold in the house, I don't really warm up until I have a shower later

With the sun so bright in the morning, the summer flowers are still going strong, in particular, the Cosmos near the house looking splendid in the bright morning sunshine. I take their picture:

Three hundred and three Later in the day I call the hospital and speak to Mum. No real news from her side, just the usual stuff, being bored and sad. She does actually sound brighter and speaks clearer without pausing and without struggling for breath. I will try to go up at the weekend, but it turns out that there are some other issues to deal with first before I can travel up, we shall see.

It is dusk at five and dark at half past. Seems very cold and dark. Glad that I was making soup for dinner. Nothing fancy just a pot from Tesco, with some cornbread it was fine, and so easy to prepare. Outside it had clouded over and the wind blew, it feels very much like winter.

Writing, editing and listening to the football in the evening, and that was Monday. How quickly time slips through our fingers.

No comments: