Saturday 28 October 2017

Friday 27th October 2017

Pay day.

I say this as it is something of a relief after been effectively running two houses and cars this month, we were out of money. Not pointing a finger at anyone or anything, just a statement of fact, and when the money runs out, you have to stop spending.

With my back getting better by the day, I could have gone with Jools to see Mum, as planned, but then someone would have to look after the cats. So, I get up to make breakfast, feed the cats whilst Jools gets ready for work and pack an overnight bag as she would be going to Suffolk straight after work.

Friday morning She has left before sunrise, leaving me to have breakfast and stand in the kitchen as the sun rises facing the windows, bathing the room with golden sunlight. I decide that needs to have a picture taken to show how golden the light was. That's my excuse anyway.

There is work to be done, and I hope the IT issues my laptop had the day before would be fixed, and at first it seemed OK, but soon things grind to a halt or just freeze. No matter of rebooting seemed to make any difference, I mean not that I thought it would, but is now making the simple task of answering an e mail almost impossible.

I struggle on to two in the afternoon, but that that point with another reboot required, I just switch the bloody thing off and throw it in my bag for the weekend. Not sure if it will be any better at that point to be honest.

Three hundred I go out into the garden to begin the task of digging the second of the two beds, I hope it will look OK once I finish. The job is to take the turf off at this stage, once Jools comes back we will gig the old fritillaries up and replant them in the new bed. But that was in the future, as I have to get busy with the spade, but careful enough not to damage my back again, as I don't want to be shuffling round the house again.

With each barrowful, I take breaks, needed in the warm sunshine making it feel at least two months earlier. But at four my back says that enough is enough, so with about a third of the grass off, I stop for a brew and take a pill for my back. At least it is a general ache from work rather than anything more serious.

Velvet Shank Flammulina velutipes For dinner I bought a ready meal; a tagine with cous cous, but I make a small potato bread roll to go along with it, and open a cheeky bottle of red to go with this fine feast. And with darkness falling outside, I sit down for dinner for one, with the radio playing the soundtrack for the weekend.

Being a creature of habit, there is Mastermind and Only Connect to watch, whilst Molly and I sit on the sofa trying to stay awake.

When I go to bed at half ten, Scully is waiting for me on the spare bed, and with autumn chills in the air, I sleep int hat bed as it has the thicker duvet. She snuggles up to me, and so we both fall asleep.

No comments: