Saturday 10 March 2018

Friday 9th March 2018

What is this strange feeling I woke up with? Oh yes, well rested. Amazing that once you start to get better you begin to realise how crap you felt earlier in the week. I had slept with Scully on one side of me and Molly the other. Molly stayed all night, purring away whenever I turned over and gave her a stroke.

Needless to say, as I am getting better, Jools now is coughing well and seems to be coming down with something; she had been up a while and had made coffee, the smell of it brewing had roused my from my slumber. And to make things even better, it is Friday, meaning the weekend is just around the corner, I just have to get through the working day.

I am up, and having drunk coffee, got to fill the feeders outside as the birds are singing like crazy things and hopping around looking for seeds. I can hear tweets of excitement as I walk down the garden with a tub of seeds. Another coffee, some oatcakes with marmalade too, and I feel like a million dollars. A pile of dirty, crumpled dollar bills, but still. Fighting fit.

There was no avoiding it, I had to power up the laptop and look at the inbox. There is that brief moment when it looks like there hasn't been any new ones since the previous evening, and then you notice the ticker indicating 50MB of data being downloaded.

Sixty eight Here we go.

And everyone is angry again. And there are mails going back and forwards.

I do the end of week tasks, and try to put out some fires, as you do, to show I care.

Long Tailed Tit Jools comes home at three, I am just about done, so we can have a coffee, a chat before grabbing Molly as she has her delayed appointment at the vet. Just her B12 booster and annual jab. But she is such a drama queen, making such a fuss as we force her into the box and close the door No escape this time, miss.

I take her to the vet, she is now 3.6 Kg, not her heaviest, but another 200g up from 5 weeks ago, and her blood pressure is down too. The vet is happy. I am happy. We are all happy.

We go home, and the weekend can begin.

For the evening we have the Bladerunner sequel to watch. The original, needless to say, is one of my favourite films, but after the Alien reboot, Prometheus, I wasn't sure if I wanted to see it. But the reviews were good, so I thought we would buy the DVD as it didn't seem to be available on Netflix. Well, not as good as I hoped, but then not as bad as feared. Looked good in places, and some god ideas that could have been explored, Ryan Gosling was excellent as a replicant however, but Harrison Ford is looking every day of his 300 years, and unconving in fight scenes. Maybe it was the carbonite.

No comments: