Friday 23 March 2018

Wednesday 21st March 2018

I suppose it should have come as no surprise, what with being in Denmark and all, that when I opened the curtains on Wednesday morning, I was greeted with a view of a proper winter wonderland. Not much snow, maybe 1cm in total, but it was fresh and the main roads were only partially cleared. It had been warm and sunny the day before.

Eighty Anyway, no time to ponder things, time to get dressed, go down for breakfast and brave the weather outside. I find that I had left the back window open of the Merc, and there was a small snow drift on the back seat. Oh dear.

Not only was it snowing, icy too, but fog had formed too. Just perfect driving conditions to go to work in, but then we are all sensible, I reach the tram lines, turn left and am at the office having encountered no trouble at all.

I am in the office because I have yet more training, problem solving this time, and that means getting no real work done for two days, and being submitted to death by powerpoint and trying to figure out the practical parts of the course, which was based on the manufacture of biro pens. We talked more about the design and quality issues of cheap biros all day, and not actual problems but contrived ones.

We are learning structed problem solving, 8D, and it is dry. Oh so dry. And as ever, I watch the second hand creep round the clock minute after minute as the day drags by.

We break for lunch, then do the same all afternoon until it is four, and with our fried brains we are free to go and do some actual work. The instructor is staying at the same hotel as me, so we arrange to have dinner, saves us both sitting alone.

Back to the hotel and 90 minutes in which to get any work done, listen to some music before going down for an early beer before Anna turns up.

She arrives and we go to eat, the restaurant is heaving and there seems to be just two servers, so, service is slow, so we have time to talk. Food comes after an hour, and is OK. I have schnitzel which is fine in that it is something other than burger and fries.

That done, we go to our rooms, I have a shower then climb into bed listening to the radio. Meaning I fall asleep.

No comments: