Tuesday 6 March 2018

Monday 5th March 2018

Monday morning. And I am awake as usual waiting for the alarm to go off, but the flu lingers, a little. I am still coughing well.

Jools goes for a walk on the way to work now, or more accurately, parks the car 20 minutes from the factory, walks in, then at lunchtime goes to collect it, thus getting nearly an hour of walking in per day. That means I am sitting down watching the highlights of Sunday's games by quarter to seven, drinking my second brew and munching on oatcakes smothered in butter and marmalade.

I know how to roll.

But the time to start work quickly approaches, I am dressed and ready to start at eight, but with the two days sick last week, I have an overflowing inbox to deal with.

Of course, the snow is gone. Long gone. And the grass and flowers look a dull green colour, and yet there is change. The flowers and plants that last week were all white and withered in the dry cold wind have recovered; daffodils have lifted from the ground and are now opening, artichoke leaves have apparently reinflated and the plants look healthy again. In the new beds, in two places the new shoots of Fritillaries can be seen, as can another on the lawn.meadow where we missed one when moving the bulbs last autumn. Of course, that one is the strongest growth, brightest colour.

Sixty four And the birds are busy, in fact the garden is busy. With birds. As they squabble over the three feeders and mix of seeds I put out. I could quite happily watch the birds all day.

Lunch comes and goes. Work carries on like I haven't been away. But the day passes. Cats come to beg for food, or in Molly's case just lay on the keyboard of the laptop.

At half three I am done, worn out.

That evening, Man Utd were playing Palace; should have been easy for Utd, but Palace are 2-0 up at half time, but couldn't hang on, with Utd getting an equaliser with ten minutes to go before nabbing an injury time winner. I hardly notice as I was watching compilations of car crashes on You Tube. As you do, showing stupidity knows no bounds.

All I need is a good night's sleep.

No comments: