Friday 2 March 2018

Thursday 1st March 2018

As you will have read for the post yesterday, things began quietly, and snow free, but soon the white stuff began to fall.

All was going well until lunchtime, when I cooked myself a small potato bread rll to go with some mushroom soup left over, and as I digested that, a massive migraine started.

Sixty I am lucky in that all I get is vision disruption, but from the last attack, I know it can leave me listless for hours. Migraines come for me as a result of lack of sleep and looking, or concentrating at a computer screen. There is no choice but to switch off the computer, TV and whatever, and lay in the dark until it passes.

But I am washed out, I really should check on mails, but all I can do is switch the computer off for the day.

Jools was to bring fish and chips home for dinner, so I just have to have the kettle boiled and bread buttered, ready for when she des come home. And thanks to the roads being empty, she pulls up at quarter to six, and in a couple of minutes we are sitting down to eat.

But I am bushed, and there is football on the radio. I am minded that I usually stay downstairs to listen to the game, so I say I will lay in bed to hear the Man City v Arsenal league game. I hear the preamble, and the start of the game, but wake up after half time with Jools having turned the radio off and the lights. But I feel like I am wide awake, so listen to the rest of the game, City already three up again, and that's how it stayed.

Even getting a shower to warm up was impossible, as the downpipe for the shower and sink in the bathroom went down the east facing side of the house, and two days of arctic blasts had turned the pip into a giant icicle. Water would not drain, so no showers, no cleaning of teeth.

Outside, a gale was howling, and with the temperature well below freezing, it was going to be a cold night. Scully was beside me, OK, time for sleep little lady, and I switch the light off for the last time.

No comments: