Friday 23 March 2018

Monday 19th March 2018

Over the weekend the point in the year was passed that the sun was above the horizon for more than 12 hours. Spring is coming, even if the weather saw a brief return to deepest mid winter, but then with nearly 13 hours of daylight. And even then, the Imperialism continued to grow through the snow and frost, but then they are the bastard children of triffids.

At least for a travelling week, I have Monday at home, meaning laying in to six, or nearly six, before getting up, making coffee, feeding the mogs and then sitting bleary-eyed in front of the computer to see what madness has happened in the eight hours we were asleep.

Jools is a blur of energy, and out of the house at quarter to seven. I am barely capable of speaking, so have another coffee, feed the birds and have oatcakes for breakfast with a third brew, and I am not quite such a bad mood.

The day begins slow, which is nice, with a trickle of mails. Molly sits beside me on the table, just staring at me. If she tries hard, she can lay down on the case I keep the electrical equipment and cables for the computer. It is some achievement. Nice that she wants to be close to me, but sometimes she just sits and stares.

Seventy eight Lunch comes at ten, I tell myself its eleven in Denmark meaning its nearly lunchtime. I must not eat now until dinner now, which I hope I can keep to.

Snow melts a little more in the face of a keen east wind, but its not as arctic as over the weekend.

Once work is done, I do a session on the cross trainer, I really don’t feel like it, but I know I must, as I am away for three days from Tuesday, and being at the Scandic there are just three fitness machines, and I can’t be arsed in waiting in line. I huff and puff to a David Bowie soundtrack, which is pretty good.

That done, I prepare potatoes and vegetables to go with the second roast with the left over beef and Yorkshire Puddings. All in all, takes 40 minutes to cook, and once Jools is back home, I dish up. We eat whilst listening to the latest instalment in the new HHGTTG series. Although it is nice to hear these familiar characters, and their original actors voicing them, pretty much, but the story is really not up to it if I’m honest.

Before I know it, the evening is slipping away, I have to pack, check my documents and all the other stuff that a three day trip requires. There is just time to catch the latest edition of Only Connect, and then it is nine, and the alarm goes off at half four, so, another early night I suppose.

No comments: