Saturday 17 March 2018

Thursday 15th March 2018

I suppose I should for a minute revisit Wednesday, and we find me in the hire car sniffling and sneezing as an allergy attack came from nowhere. I got out of the car and in seconds the attack just faded away. Later on the plane, where it has been known for an attack to be triggered by the recycled air, I got nothing and was able to sleep well. Even on the train from Stratford, as I read the book I got nothing. Back home, there was just a chesty cough. But waking up on Thursday morning I was aware that for the first time in over three weeks, my nose and airways were clear.

That meant I could dust down the cross trainer, charge the battery in the i pod and do some phys. Or so I planned. It was always possible that life could get in the way.

Jools is off to work at half six, leaving me to get my shit together, get dressed, put the bins out and do my breakfast. All that done, I am starting work at ten past seven due to the internet outage the day before, prepare for meetings and make calls to arrange activities I had been planning. Phew.

Once the firefighting was done with, two hours of meetings and the day was running away from me. Lunch came and went. Another meeting, then write the important mails, double check them and press the send button.

It was four in the afternoon.

So, with the i pod charged, I went upstairs to the spare room, donned my trainers and found One Mississippi on the playlist, and off we went . I could have done the full half hour, but cut it short after 20 minutes, just not to do too much.

And I have no cooking to do, as Jools was bringing home battered sausage and chips. All I had to do was butter bread and have the kettle freshly boiled.

Not much else to report. really. We listen to the radio some in the evening, but are both pooped, so we find ourselves going to bed at nine once again, trailed by our posse of cats.

No comments: