Saturday 14 July 2018

Friday 13th July 2018

A bad day for Knights Templar, by all accounts.

To be honest, I was too busy all day to even think about it, and that really is the truth.

Time away on business trips is all well and good, but mails and meetings pile up, and at some point you have to catch up, and still deliver to deadline. Jeez, this is almost like work you know!

But I am working from home, the hire car has been returned, so no need for the long walk back from the port along the cliffs, although I do like those. No, just work, work, work. After breakfast.

And the chance to eat healthily, or at least with more fruit and fibre. And unlimited coffee. And cats. Though I don't eat the cats.

One hundred and ninety three Outside it is another glorious day; endless sunshine and clear blue skies. The garden is full of colour and a few butterflies, so I do take regular breaks for drinks and butterfly patrol.

I was also distracted by a series of military planes; two spitfires, a DC10 Dakota and for F15 Strike Eagles who roared over once, and came round again. So I sat with camera fitted with big boy lens for their third pass. That never came.

Jools arrived home at half three, just as I finished for the day, and despite it being hot and me feeling crappy, we do go for a walk, just over the fields to Fleet House, to see the pigs, hunt for butterflies and wild flowers.

We see many butterflies; or I do, and even snap a few, including a trio of newly emerged Common Blues, the second brood of the year, looking sparkling fresh in the late afternoon sunshine.

Common Blue Polyommatus icarus The piglets are pleased to see us, though they're not really piglets any more. They sniff my hand and snuffle on the ground for any titbits they might have missed.

And that was it, back home for a cool drink, then make dinner of koftes and fried potatoes before monty come on at eight.

And we were all sitting down dead on eight only for us to realise that Wimbledon is on, so Monty isn't.

So we watch more Bridge. Scandic murder noir.

No comments: