Wednesday 18 July 2018

Tuesday 17th July 2018

Tuesday.

And I am first up, just after five.

I feed the cats, give molly her pill and make breakfast.

All is done by half five, when Jools get up, has a shower, so when she comes down the coffee is at the right temperature, and her cereal has soaked up the right amount of milk.

I sip my coffee and survey the carnage on either side of the pond. It makes for grim reading.

Jools is ready to leave for work just after six, so I am left alone, as the cats have all escaped to a quiet place somewhere in the garden to see the stifling hours out.

There is work, as ever, with the small band of us that have not taken the summer off, work with the few grenades thrown our way.

I notice that the beans we planted have not just started producing pods, but those on one plant, near to the ground are ready for picking.

One hundred and ninety seven I have the task of downloading documents from our intranet site. Hundreds of documents. So I settle down on the sofa and begin to click and copy.

And that was my day.

I have lunch, sometimes have five minutes to drink a cuppa walking round the garden, seeing what there was to see.

And then back in the living room for more copying.

I make some pasta salad in the early afternoon, ready for the pan fried aubergines we would have in the evening. And some runner beans. From our garden.

At five, I am done for the day, pick the beans and prepare the aubergine, so it will all be ready when Jools comes home. It has been another warm and sunny day, another day in this endless summer.

Dinner is fine, the beans are special, out first ever bean crop, and go well, though would have been better with some roast beef and gravy.

We spend the evening watering the garden, as we missed out on Monday, and some of the plants were half dead from lack of it. They recover during the night.

And that is it. Another day down. And no football.

No comments: