Thursday 19 July 2018

Wednesday 18th July 2018

3rd day without football. I watched the last 10km of Le Tour.

That's about as exciting as it got. I mean you really do know the score when I work from home.

It was another glorious day, of course, and for a change I was up first, as five, so I made coffee, breakfast, fed the cats and gave molly her pill.

Meaning that Jools left the house earlier than usual, leaving me with the empty house as the cats were hunkering down. I did fid Scully later, as her and Molly have learned how to open the wardrobe door and sleep on the pile of blankets, Clever cats.

Other than that, there was six hours of downloading information from Sharepoint. I do at least finish by the end of the day, but I am only halfway through, so have the rest to do on Friday. Something to look forward to!

I have all the windows in the house wide open as we don't have air con, of course, so the only restbite is the flow of air, when there is a breeze.

One hundred and ninety eight The morning passes, at least the sun then doesn't shine into the side window of the house, and the living room begins to cool down.

I work the afternoon through, and am surprised when four in the afternoon arrives, and I can stop for the day. I sit on the sofa and channel flick, stopping on ITV 4 and the live feed of the final stretch of Le Tour, and it is exciting stuff. But clearly I have watched enough sport this weekend, and although I enjoyed the finish, I won't be watching tomorrow. Or today.

Once that is done, I begin to prepare dinner; aubergines don't prepare themselves you know. I wait until half five then begin to shallow fry them. I mean, I can't describe what a light and flavoursome meal it makes, and goes so well with the pasta salad, and a glass or two of red plonk de plonk.

Perfect.

And there is Monty on the TV too, so we are all showered, ready for bed and sitting down waiting for the show to start.

And then to bed, not before I slope off to the patio to sip a wee dram under the darkening skies.

A good way to end of the day.

No comments: