Tuesday 26 January 2021

Monday 25th January 2021

Time heals.

And that's the scary part.

Two years ago we woke up to find out that Meg had died.

We mourned.

We went to her funeral.

We spent months asking if there was anything we could have done.

And life went on. We went back to work, we went shopping, orchid hunting and went on holiday.

Hail the hail But wach January, we remember.

For poor MIke, the weekend also saw their beloved dog pass away due to cancer. Life is never kind.

It was Monday. We could lay in bed to five, and should have, but my brain had me awake at ten to four. I tossed and turned, but sleep would not return. Well, until ten minutes beofre the actual alarm went off.

A walk into the village Urgh.

I get up half an hour after Jools, the sits sit around, washing after their breakfast. Poppy requests, kindly, that we entertain her. So we throw her favourite ball of silver paper from one end of the living room to the other and back again. She ran after it a couple of times, and was happy.

A walk into the village Jools goes for a walk, then packs the car and leaves for work. I have my second coffee and listen to a podcast while the cats find four places to sleep and settle down for the day for a hard day's snooze.

I get dressed and prepare for the start of the working week, a week in which we should know things regarding our futures. Or not.

At the meeting, neither of the managers know any more than they did on Friday, but it feels like things are moving.

Brace. Brace. Brace.

And so to work, I have no e mails to respond to.

A walk into the village I have a third coffee, watch the sun rise in the south, it feels like spring is coming, even with frost and some fresh snow or hail covering the garden.

A walk into the village More of that later.

Or now.

I have to go to the surgery for my pills, and as they are only open ten to eleven four days a week for this, I have to make sure I go.

Outside it is cold, but clear skies above. It might be tricky walking down Station Road, I remind myself to take care.

A walk into the village So I had to set off before the snow and ice had melted, slithered down Station Road, past the old Red Lion and then down by the side lanes past the village pond to the surgery.

A walk into the village All was going well, photos for the day taken, until I was walking past the school when I slipped on black ice and ended up on my back, looking at the sky.

A walk into the village No damage done.

I got up, made it to the surgery and back home without further incident.

Twenty five Which was nice.

Once back home, I have a fresh brew, breakfast of fruit and yougurt and another coffee.

I still felt like crap.

I had missed nothing in Outlook.

So the day drags. I have warmed up soup for lunch.

Nothing happens.

It gets dark.

We are told that in the next two days those who will be let go will get called in the next two days.

Eeeek.

But not today.

Dinner is steak and ale pie with the leftover gravy, roast potatoes and lots of steamed vegetables.

It was all very good.

But, I am pooped. I was getting a headache, there was no football to listen to, just the radio.

I retire to bed to listen to Marc until half eight when I give up and go to sleep.

With cats at my feet.

No comments: