Wednesday 13 January 2021

Tuesday 12th January 2021

I do pretty much the same thing every morning.

After getting up, I come down and there is a coffee either waiting or on the stove.

I sit down at the table to keep out of Jools' way, and I turn on the laptop to check the same websites:

Flickr for photography.

Facebook for I have no idea, I am trying to wean myself off it, but with the orchid group its hard.

I check the BBC website; news, newspaper front pages, sport, football gossip and finally weather.

Yahoo mail.

And finally to Twitter to check on the overnight news from the US and comments on the pictures I post there. As to counter the endless steam of dreadful news, I post an orchid shot a day, a Kent church a day and one of my favourite shots from the last 35 or so years.

For four long years I hoped that Trump would have done something so dumb, so stupid, he would have been removed. Nothing could have prepared me, or the US, for 6th January. So, he has been kicked off Twitter, Facebook and other platforms, but his party still can't bring themselves to face the fact he committed an act of treason. Most countries in the world have very harsh setences for that crime, and yet there are those who still cling to the cult.

But today is the day, when he will be impeached again, and he will forever have two asterixis beside his name. That will make him special. Forever. And yet the party that made him possible, and accepted every crime, every act against the Constitution, will not change, and the next Trump will be not as dumb. But that is four years in the future, and just maybe the GOP is no longer electable, once voter supression in the South is reversed.

Maybe.

I hope the US can heal, but first those who have sinned will have to ask for forgiveness.

But to Tuesday.

Jools was to go back to the factory, so she could take the files back she had been sorting through. She made coffee, fed the cats and was going for a shower by the time I dragged myself out of bed and went down the stairs to go through my usual morning habits.

Twelve She leaves, so I go for a shower then am dressed and ready for breakfast and work at quarter to eight.

Oh, the excitement.

It wasn't cold. Just grey and flat outside. Nothing to go out for, nothing really to do do much, other than work.

I catch up mails, and even do a task I have until the 29th to complete within 15 minutes of the notification dropping in my inbox. Though my in box is called "outbos", and the outbox is called "sent items". I have no idea.

Mulder I ponder on this as i do every day, as the morning slides towards the head office update meeting. And in news that shocks no one who reads these posts, there was no news. Life and work goes on, most working from home. But we are assured we are nearing the day when there will be news and clarity. A bold claim, that's for sure.

There is talk of new e mail addresses and maybe new work initials, whih will be good for those of us who have "humorous" initials. Saying that, there was a RANDI who I used to work with.

So, it could be worse.

Lunch is fried mash potato, a cold sausage cut in half and refried and a slice of fried bread from the bottom of the freezer.

And yes, its dirty food, but good, and washed down with a huge brew.

Into the afternoon, so I take to the sofa with the leptop to watch Only Connect nursing another brew.

Mulder The afternoon fades, I think about phys, but not too hard and think about dinner.

Dinner is to be fishcakes, curried rice and frozen corn. Which I do heat up. Which is probably for the best.

And Jools comes home half an hour early, she had to go to a shop for work, plastic bins and hand sanitiser, apparently.

So, I cook and we are eating within 25 minutes.

The evening has arrived. We listen to the radio. Drink coffee. Eat a little chocolate.

And watch football, Man Utd play, er, someone. And win.

And somehow its ten past ten, and way past my bedtime.

No comments: