Sunday 31 January 2021

Saturday 30th January 2021

For a change, I was first up. In fact, Scully had been pawing at me for the best part of an hour, so I gave in and walked downstairs.

Even in the gloom I could see something dark on the living room carpet near the dining table. I switch on the light and see it was another baby rabbit. It wasn't moving.

I assumed it was dead, I mean the cats would have been chasing it if it were alive?

But when I picked it up, it opened its eyes and was warm. Seems like it was asleep. Later I noticed black speck all round the living room; baby rabbit poo. Seems that the cats, or one of them, had been chasing the rabbit and both or all of them were shagged out, and all went to sleep.

A rabbit in the hand So, I carried it to the back door, and opened it, only to find a gales was blowing and filled with driving rain. I rushed out to the hedge and dropped the rabbit on the ground under it, and I turned and went back into the dry. I guess it survived, as when Mulder went out, he would have found it had it have still been there.

I fed the cats, made coffee, and made sure the heating was turned up. It was very chilly.

At seven I put the radio on, and as dawn lit up the day, we could see the dreary sight of sheets of rain moving dwon the valley between us and the village. It was set for the day.

Thirty There was music to listen to. And football to watch.

In fact, Norwich were on TV at half twelve, so I make sure lunch was ready, served and eaten before kick off. We had ribs, curried rich and stir fry. And a cheeky glass or red, even though it was still technically morning.

Once eaten, I take to the sofa, and what with games on Sky and BBC, I could watch football until ten at night, just about ten straight hours. I mean there was nothing else to do, so why not?

Norfolk short cakes. Norwich were playing Middlesbrough, who we beat at Wembley nearly six years ago.

Norwich played well at first, but Borough cancelled out of midfield and we neaver really created anything. If anything, at the end they were the better side, and Norwich were clinging on. If you can't win, but make sure you don't lose.

Job done.

Next us was WBA v Fulham, two teams already deep in relegation trouble, and both very poor teams, but Fulham better of the two. And yet did not take their chances, 1-0 up by half time, found themselves 2-1 by the hour, then pulled level, and should have won, but couldn't put the ball in the net. A result neither of them wanted, really.

Man Utd v Arsenal next, and usually these games are a dul 0-0 snoozefest, which is what happened here too. Not that bad, but neother team really looked like scoring, and neither did.

I had had enough of footy by half seven, so didn't watch the late game. Apparently you can have too mcuh football. Who knew?

No comments: