Friday 29 January 2021

Thursday 28th January 2021

Good morning.

Or good afternoon.

Or good evening.

Depends where you and when you read this.

Hope you will have, or had a good day.

Anyway, the weekend is near, so let's rewind to Thursday.

Not much to tell, really. I should have gone for a walk, but got sidetracked into completing the 5,000th blog after leaving the task to the last minute. Its not like I've been busy, or travelling, is it?

Anyway, writing, photographing, editing, and more writing, and all the time while monitoring the work e mails. In truth, things have slowed to a stop, we bgin our new careers in the new/old company on Monday, and much more will be clear. So for this week, a pause to take stock, to close issues, and look forward, not back.

And yet in some six and a half years, we have designed and manufactured and installed 550 turbines, mostly in Europe, we did change the world. And as I said to my boss, back in the days when I was on Leuchterduinen, flying into Amsterdam, skimming over the foundations and newly installed turbines made it all real, and each week I saw more and more turbines installed, and in time generating wiggly amps too.

Twenty eight Those will last at least 20 years, as will all that we install.

We did that.

I did that.

And so time moves on, we move in, say goodbye to old friends and hello to new ones.

It happens, and I cannot lay the blame with anyone.

Yes, I should have gone out for a walk, the light was great in the sunshine, but it was cold, very cold in the strong breeze, I chicken out and have marmalade sandwiches made with the bread I made earlier in the week.

Common Groundsel Senecio vulgaris The day passes, I listen to some of the Bowie A-Z podcasts, they're good but much is pretty obsure, as you would expect from over 60 hours of audio and video.

I have another sandwich for lunch, listen to some radio, and time passes. Cats sleep upstairs, sometimes fighting, but mostly getting on now.

About time.

I prepare fritters for dinner, and whilst I was doing so, Mulder brings in a baby rabbit, which he releases as soon as he walks in the kitchen, the rabbit runs. So we chase the little bugger for five minutes until I grab it, at which point it gives up and goes limp.

Fresh rabbit I wrap it up on a tea towel, take it outside, along the road so it has a chance of escape.

Back inside, Mulder wants a reward.

Sigh.

The fritters were great, Jools had hers with the sauce sent by Liza in Canada, they do go well together, and it has a slight unexpected kick of spice.

We tidy up, we are both shattered after a night of broken sleep, so Jools goes to bed to read at half seven, and is soon sleeping. I was going to stay u to watch Spurs v Liverpool, but it wasn't on Sky after all, so I follow the first half on the BBC website, and I join Jools at nine.

And I am joined by Cleo, who stretches out beside me, and is purring loudly.

No comments: