Sunday 24 January 2021

Saturday 23rd January 2021

It was the weekend. Sunny. And cold.

We really should have gone out and enjoyed the day, no matter how cold.

Or should I say I should have gone out, as Jools went out, twice, to litter pick. The first time due to a mix up as to where she was going, I stayed home, and the second time I though she was just going to be ten minutes. Two and a half hour later she still wasn't back.

Oh well.

Seems like Monday will be nice, and I have to go to the doctors, so will get some phys in as the sun shines.

We could lay in bed, well, all day if we wanted, but my brain had me awake at then to five, then laying in bed to see if I could guess how later it was. By the time I turned on the light to check the time, it was twenty past five. Scully took my movement to suggest that it was breakfast time, so began to lick my hand. Then bite it. Cats!

So, I get up, put the heating on, and weave my way down the stairs avoiding cats and cat's bowls, down to the living room, but the table lamp on, and into the iten where my and my following army of cats trailing in my shuffling wake, I go to the cupboard and dish out four bowlfuls topped with kitty kibbles and place them around the kitchen and on the stairs so each kitty could eat in peace, before the scour each other bowls for what each other has left.

It makes sense in cat world.

We have a coffee.

Then another, with croissants. We have the radio on, and outside the sun rises to the south east, lighting the world. There is a thick hoar frost, and I am pretty sure I'm not going out.

Jools went out to get a parchage that could not be delivered on Friday, as we were out also walking. I thought she was going to drive into Dover to the sorting office, but no, just to the post office in the village. So that was the mix-up, so I stayed home and listened to Huey while Jools walked into the village and litter-picked as she went.

When she returned, it was a package, a present no less, from a friend in Canada. We set it down and thenn cut through the wrapping papper, through the tap sealing the box. And inside was a box of delights, filled with fine ingredients for mainly Mexican food, but some interesting looking salted herbs and some maple syrup candies.

Twenty three Many, many thanks, Liza.

I cook chorizo hash for lunch, well, for mid-afternoon really, as I made a batch of mince pies, and so we had to quality check those, needed two each to make sure they passed muster once again. Meaning we were not hungry at midday or one.

We ate at two, finishing just in time so I could listen to the football on the radio. Bo, but better than that, as it was the Cup, and in the time of COVID, there were game live on the tellybox, so I could watch those, keep up to date with Norwich via Twitter at the same time.

That afternoon rattled along, it got dark, and Norwich lost, for only the 2nd time in 32 games against Barnsley, so we are out of the cup once again, and free to "concentrate on the league". Ahem.

Sunset I would like to see Norwich at the cup final once, before I die. I know it doesn't mean as much now, but for my inner child, I would be very happy.

Citeh are on the telly next, playing Cheltenham. And it was a great game, Cheltenham played well, defended like giants, and even took the lead in the 2nd half. Sadly, they tired near the end, Citeh broght on their best players, and scored three good goals in the last ten minutes.

Close, but no cigar, but medals before tea time.

No comments: