Wednesday 27 January 2021

Tuesday 26th January 2021

So for weeks I have been complaining in these posts of a lack of news. On Tuesday and Wednesday, there was lots of news, and most of it bad news.

But more of that when we get there.

Tuesday dawned where I had something close to nine hours sleep, so felt much better than I did the previous evening.

I get up and you know the usual score.

Jools rushes aroud getting ready, goes for a walk then leaves for the factory.

I log on for work.

Now, I work with a close team in what could be called central quality. We know a lot of shit, so when news came of redundancies, I thought, as we all did I guess, that the axe would fall elsewhere, as our function was so critical.

Tuesday So, when I got the mail soon after eight that my new manager was one of those to be let go made me realise that all bets were off.

I like her, she has been a good manager, if only for a short time, and I appreciate her support, and hopefully I did a good job for her.

But the problem with the lay offs is that unless they sent a mail out letting their team and/or frineds know, we don't know as it is all confidential. So, for the rest of the day we sat by our laptop and mobile phone waiting for the call to tell us we were no longer needed.

Sunrise Or just wait all day.

No other news came in.

And nothing for me. The message from our online meeting from Warrington was that if you have not been told by the end of Wednesday that you had no job, then you were safe. Of course, mistakes are never made.

So it was a day of waiting.

And waiting.

I hustle people to close items from audits, threaten them with meetings are five in the afternoon unless they do their job. Godammit.

I bake a loaf of bread, because after the crap loaf I had to eat last week for sandwiches and toast, the bread was only edible toasted, and even then wasn't good. I can now make a batch of dough in ten minutes or so, have it in a tin, rising before I start work. Set to cook at ten, so by eleven or half past, was cool enough to eat, and was yummy. So yummy that the crust had to be cut off and smothered in butter to eat as soon as it was out of the oven.

Did I mention it was yummy?

Also good with slices of leftover roast beef for actual lunch.

Which was nice.

And then through the afternoon, with a whole load of no news to digest.

I stay online until five and yet hear nothing.

Dinner is an experiment: Whole truffle roast celeriac with cheese sauce & hazelnuts. Served with smokey chipotle rubbed chicken and creamed spinach.

Celeriac is baked whole in the oven after bing rubbed with truffle oil, the sauce is easy enough, and with it we have creamed spinach with yet more creamy sauce. It would lay heavy.

And for the meat, smok(e)y chopotle rubbed chicken breast. I rubbed both sides, and only then I was told by my friend and spice pusher, it was quite hot. I decided there was more than enough cool creamy sauce to cool it down, and was right.

Whole truffle roast celeriac with cheese sauce & hazelnuts. Served with smokey chipotle rubbed chicken and creamed spinach. Work is slowing down at the factory, so Jools might be furloughed again soon, we shall see.

Dinner is ready when she arrived back, I pour some wine and we tuck in.

Delicious.

For the evening there was the comedy that was Ipswich v Sunderland on TV. And it was dreadful stuff, neither team any good, and Sunderland scoring with the obly move of any real skill in the whole game.

So it goes. So it goes.

Time for bed.

Clarity in the morning.

Probably.

No comments: