Wednesday 6 January 2021

Tuesday 5th January 2021

Tuesday again.

Work up at ten to six, it was still dark. But a kitten was exploring the bedroom, spragging the underneath of the bed, just cute enough not to get shouted at to stop.

Jools was already up, so I get up, put on the heating and get dressed as the house was cold.

Brrrr.

Again, I should have done phys, but there was a new podcast to listen to, and the thought of a second coffee wounded better if I'm totally honest.

The cats are pooped, so they go to bed, Jools goes to work.

And outside its still dark. And raining.

It would rain all day.

Welcome to January. Sunrise was sometimes after eight, but it rose behind thousands of feet of rain cloud, it didn't really get light until ten.

It still rained.

I start work, there is a meeting to attend where I have to tell the nice chap that to request hep it would be nice if some work had already been done. I know he was just the messanger, but it really isn't good enough.

Mulder I have another coffee. And breakfast of fruit and yogurt.

I have cheese toasties for lunchm listen to more music, and deal with mails as they trickle in.

A normal day, I guess.

Big news is:

1. I am getting a new work phone. An i-phone, but an old model, it was sent from Manchester on Monday.

It did not arrive.

And:

2. I am not going to Hartlepool next week after all.

The new lockdown 3.0 means that travel is pretty much out unless it was critical, and a customer audit isn't. But we can do it on Teams, so I message the Manager, he mails the customer and in ten minutes its all set.

Scully Meaning I have to cancel my hire car and hotel bookings.

That's about as exciting it got, if I'm honest.

I make bread. A batch of garlic focaccia which I will make into a stuffed loaf and serve with defrosted and warmed up ragu along with pasta. Of course.

Five I don't do phys in the afternoon either.

Surprising no one.

After the dough rises, I divide it into to halves, flatten both out, put in a layer of cheese and Parma Ham, put on the second layer, and at five put into the hot oven on a pizza stone.

It was magnificent, if I'm honest. I finish of a box of red, not that it had three bottles in it, just three glasses, which go down well.

Four cats I just have to stay awake for the evening football game, Spurs v Brentford in the League Cup. IN truth, not that much of a game, SPurs take the lead in the first half, score a second in the 2nd, then Brentoford have a player sent off. Game over.

So to bed.

No comments: