Tuesday 2 January 2018

Monday 1st January 2018

Welcome to the New Year.

After listening to Piano Blokey until nearly one, drinking rumtopf and eating popcorn, I lay in bed asleep until just before nine. Nine, I tell you. his meant that the plans for doing nothing all day had to be rearranged to do the same amount of nothing in less time.

I like a challenge.

After coffee, we both agreed to go on the cross trainer, at different times. Jools went first, then me, my time being made more enjoyable thanks to David Bowie, Echo and the Bunnymen, New Order and E = mC2. Half an hour done, and feeling good.

In short by the time we had both physed and showered and dressed it was so near lunch we skipped breakfast altogether, and we went straight for soup.

And again, being a Bank Holiday, there was football. So I was in the living room, doing the usual stuff; writing, editing photos, eating Christmas cake and drinking coffee. I mean its a hard life, and doing nothing keeps me busy.

One And Norwich won, coming from behind to beat Millwall 2-1. Yay, New Year.

I have to say, all in all, my batteries feel recharged, and I am actually looking forward to work in the morning, not feeling washed out. The break has done me great good.

For the evening there was a bonus edition of Only Connect, and then more football to follow on the radio. Phew.

13 days off, party ends now.

No comments: