Friday 26 January 2018

Thursday 25th January 2018

Mum called yesterday. She has a new social worker, who is organising trips out to clubs; not niteclubs, but social clubs where Mum can mix. She also has long term care arranged, with her picking up a minimal bill, and she is getting her appetite back, but as she eats is just microwaved meals. I think she wanted us to be pleased for her, but she has burned all the good will, certainly on my side. Either she heeds to warnings. Or not.

Makes little difference to me. And as I start my travels next week, the first of five weeks on the bounce away, just as well she is.

I sleep through the alarm, Jools getting up, feeding the cats and making her lunch. I was only woken up when Scully came back up to bed and jumped on my legs. Time to get up then?

Being a Thursday, there are the bins to put out and then a meeting to attend to at eight, and be prepped. Just as well coffee has such a positive effect.

And so the day begins, but brewing in the back of my lind was my date with the radio later in the afternoon. So I work, make calls and generally manage things, at least I feel slightly more in control now.

At half two the producer calls to fill in some details, and ask about my answers; as I have her in laughter, I think this is going to go well.

Work finishes, and I fuss round preparing dinner, trying to keep busy until the phone calls at quarter to six. It rings, I am on line to the studio, they check levels, and I am put through to the DJ, and words tumble out of my mouth. I speak of dancing and of leading an audience through the broad streets of Bristol to a gig.

Twenty five And it was over. All good I think.

Jools arrives home when I'm on the phone, so once I am done and finished dancing round the living room to the tune I picked, I started on dinner.

We have steak and ale pie, steamed veg and roast spuds, with a pot of gravy from Tesco luxurious range, and it was awful. We had another on Sunday and thought maybe there was something wrong with that pot, but this was as bad. Yuk.

And that was the day, drink tea, listen to some music and try to stay awake until it was time to go to bed and sleep, but tomorrow is Friday. And the weekend is close.

No comments: