Wednesday 3 January 2018

Tuesday 2nd January 2018

The mother of all Mondays. Although it was a Tuesday, or the first working day of a month of Mondays, as that is how I will always think of January from now on.

Lucky Jools had an extra day off work, but in mitigations I should say I started by Christmas vacation a day earlier than her, so only fair. And as Jools was not working, there was no need to set the alarm thinking the heating would wake us up. No chance, I slept through till half seven. So, a rush to get dressed have a coffee in order to be at work by eight, or just a few minutes past.

Two Jools said she had chores to run so she left me trying to remember my password for the work computer to go to the tip and then on to Canterbury.

After ten minutes I remembered my password, and was in. But thankfully, there was little mail traffic over the festive period, which was good news as I tried to drum up the enthusiasm for the task in hand.

I had breakfast. A second breakfast. Elevensis. Lunch. You are getting the picture, hard to be motivated, instead I got hungry, apparently reliving the Christmas break when it was acceptable to have mince pies and prosecco for breakfast. But apparently such things are not suited to a normal working day.

Jools came back in the afternoon, laden with steak slices and pain au raisin, which meant more snacking. And coffee.

In truth, I had done as much as I was prepared to do, and anyway, we had another chap coming round to talk about mortgages. This is the lucky so and so who lives at Fleet House, so it was more of a catch up from when we last spoke a few years back about pensions, and now chatted about mortgages, and should we remortgage, just to compare what we heard at the bank at the weekend. How very grown up we felt, dealing such issues.

That done we both took turns to go on the cross trainer, as we are both quite the Sports Billies these days dontcha know.

Again, you will not be surprised to learn that there was yet more football on the wireless of the evening. Four games, which was quite exciting, but even so I decided to take the radio upstairs to listen to the end of the game whilst laying bed. Yes, first day back at work and I end up going to bed at nine in the evening.

Rock. and. roll.

No comments: