Sunday 21 July 2019

Mum update

Mum has been in out of hospital again this past week.

She had two falls, one of which needed the help of the fire service not just paramedics to get her upright. So bad was her bruises and bleeding in that occasion, she was taken in for x rays and scans.

Nothing found, so she was released.

And is back home.

I called.

Me: So, how are you?

Mum: OK.

Me: Now without lies.

Mum: I'm alright now.

Me: This can't go on!

Mum: I'm not going to move out of my home.

So, the cycle begins again. I called her cleaner.

Despite Mum seeming keen on moving down here, it is no out of the question. So, I am happy. But Mum now has another infection, this time on her other foot.

I can't help but thinking this is just a prelude to her losing toes, then a foot, then a leg. I could be wrong, but infections, diabetes, smoking and not moving is a dangerous combination and will kill her, quite quickly I suspect.

She won't stop smoking, she will lie about walking, or make excuses, and so the downward spiral continues.

I told her that I have time these next few weeks to help her move if that's what's needed, but on 27th August I begin my new job and won't have time.

Don't think that sunk in. But hey.

No comments: