Wednesday 3 July 2019

Tuesday 2nd July 2019

First full day out of nine in Denmark.

Oh my word.

Outside it is cloudy with the threat of rain. July in Esbjerg. At least its not snowing.

I get up, have a shower and go down for breakfast, meeting Philip as he finishes. We talk for a bit as I tuck into my stewed rhubarb.

Yummy.

I get some lunch from the shop in reception, so would not starve through the day, then walk to the car for the short drive to work.

Things never change, the same route, the same traffic lights, the same delays.

I grab a desk, and settle down for another day or sorting documentation, having come up with a system to store them that had some kind of sense.

Yay.

And it made me look busy. Because I was actually busy.

And once I had sorted the documents out, I uploaded them to the right folders on our project intraweb site.

I have lunch and crack on, until it is time for my annual review.

As you might expect with such a difficult ending to the financial year, I did get marked down, but then on my strengths made up. But, well, you will have to see and wait for tomorrow when I can tell you my news.

See a proper cliffhanger.

Work ends at five, and with most of the Operational Quality team in town, I help arrange an evening meal, book a table for eight.

One hundred and eighty three We meet in reception of the hotel at six, then walk up the main street to the town square, where our table was waiting. Service was good, at first. We order drinks then our meal. And then we wait.

And wait.

And wait.

An hour later the starters arrive. We eat those.

Then wait.

And wait some more.

I do the un-English thing and complain, we get a round of free drinks. And stillw e watited. Two hours twenty minutes after arriving we get our main course. Which was great, but by then nearly ten in the evening, and so late that once we had eaten and walked back to the hotel, were too full to go to bed, so lay on the bed watching the women's world cup, England v USA, but America win out, and VAR ruins the game, at least for England.

Team dinner I give in and go to bed, with my meatsweats.

No comments: