Friday 5 July 2019

Thursday 6th July 2019

It is summer in Denmark. Apparently.

I say apparently as it is cool, cloudy, and windy.

A coat is needed, and the only one I have is the reflective one I need for work. At least I shouldn't get run over.

I woke at half five to the sound of the wind howling and rain battering the large window.

It must be summer. In Denmark.

I lay in bed listening to the town waking up, then get up, have a shower and get ready for work.

By the time I am in the office, it is after seven and I have missed the day's briefing. Again.

Oh well.

With a fresh coffee, I set up for the day, power the laptop and check the mails. Seems that the announcement of my new job has gone out, and I have a few mails of congratulations.

The day passes with meetings and phone calls. After six weeks of hard work, I have now caught up and am now waiting for mails to come in. A good position to be in.

Hotel room I celebrate with lunch, another three been spicy wrap from the hotel shop. It is awful, but that was all that was left.

Outside the rain falls down in the stiff breeze. There's no way I'm going outside if I don't need to.

So I don't.

So I wait for work to come in, and find old John Peel shows to listen to on the i player. One from 1979 first, then from 1984. Just like the last 40 years never happened.

One hundred and eighty five At half four, I am done, so go back to the hotel, wait until six before going down for dinner. I find a colleague who had just received his meal, so I join him and order the same; burger and a coke. Its so easy.

It was too wet and windy to go out, so once I had eaten, I go to my room to listen to the radio and watch as the sheets of rain sweep in from the North Sea. It looks and feels like November, other than it was still light at ten in the evening.

Another day down.

No comments: