Wednesday 17 July 2019

Tuesday 16 July 2019

And to the office!

Back in Denmark and back in the office as the project slowly nears its completion.

As ever, there is work to do, and there is always coffee to drink and meetings to attend.

I slept to half seven, waking up and after showering going down for breakfast to find a coach-load of French OAPs complaining about this and that, making it hard to get a table to sit it. I dine of gooseberries and yoghurt before going to work, after discovering there was no bacon to eat! What madness is this, in Denmark?, the home of bacon.

One hundred and ninety seven I drive to the office, park in the VIP slots, because, I'm like, important. So I tells myself.

And into the office, up the stairs, via the coffee machine.

Walk to Hav&Bøf And let's get it done.

In truth, I have now caught up, and for the most part the project is looking after itself. Just a shame I had to go through hell to get here. And I am standing in for the new quality manager too, so not all wine and roses, but close enough.

Walk to Hav&Bøf The day passes quickly, very quickly, as I catch up with yet more work.

I have sandwiches at my desk, as is the British way, and work through to four, where I think I have done enough.

Walk to Hav&Bøf I say goodbye to Hans Peter who is going off rotation, and there is a good chance we will not cross paths again. There will be more of this, this week.

Walk to Hav&Bøf For dinner I wander down to the harbour to the tapas place to have a quiet meal of steakburger and local beer.

Walk to Hav&Bøf It was a golden evening, and the new bridge, whose metal has been allowed to oxidise, glowed deep rusty red in the warm light. I take the HHTTG with me, and read that whilst I wait for my meal to be brought, watching the families on the next table enjoying themselves.

Almost like being on holibobs, almost.

The burger is fine, nothing spectacular, but hits the spot.

Walk to Hav&Bøf I had thought of having an ice cream from the kiosk outside, I even had cash to pay, but I was full from dinner, and needed no desert.

Did I?

I walked back to the hotel, called home, and got my head down and nine.

Phew, rock and roll.

No comments: