Saturday 2 April 2022

Friday 1st April 2022

Time was running out. For the most part during the week, I believed I had time, lots of time. But I hadn't. I had carefully dine all my pre-trip tasks, printed out documents, put them in polypockets and placed them in my computer bag.

Ninety one Ready to go

But first work, fir me and Jools.

A she was taking the week off, though not travelling, she had to tie all loose ends too, so skipped yoga and went straight to work.

I had lots of meetings, most wastes of time, and the final, most important one was cancelled as the guy thought picking up his new car more important.

I switched my computer off at two in disgust.

I was free.

I waited for Jools to come back, have a coffee with her, then have a shower, get dressed and pack. I spent the final two hours editing and posting shots of the last three churches taken in March, so to be up to date for the holiday.

I pack the laptop away, Jools loaded the car and we set off, with all roads to Dover mad, but OK the other way.

We reached the Dartford Crossing in little over an hour, into Essex and up the M11, arriving at Stanstead with time to check my case in that evening to make the morning easier. I asked Jools if she had picked up my computer bag.

She hadn't.

I hadn't.

It had my passport, documents and laptop in it. No other choice but to turn round and go home, pick it up and drive back to the airport.

I had time, but it would be tiring.

So, I went round the roundabout, back onto the M11 and headed south into the night.

Traffic at least had thinned and we were back just after nine.

We had a brew and a sandwich, put the bag in the car and drove back up the A2 towards Dartford. At least the Audi is a pleasure to drive, and comfortable.

We returned to the airport at half eleven, parked the car, checked in and climbed into bed.

Sleep wouldn't come, but I had to be up in four hours.

Eek

No comments: