Friday 29 April 2022

Thursday 28th April 2022

Its odd waking up in the morning, enthused by work again. Quite the novelty, and I am further cheered up by being called for a meeting with my new boss on Friday afternoon to discuss progress with my task. Or tasks.

As ever there are meetings ahead.

Always with the meetings.

And if I'm honest, not much more than work and the stuff of the daily grind happened, with breaks for coffees and meals through the day.

One hundred and eighteen I have the cats to amuse me, of course, and as long as I feed them, or give them treats through the day, they seem happy. Mulder, it seemed, caught the mouse from the other night and meowed that I should go and share with him the feast of mouse, but I was working, so I heard the crunching of tiny bones from down here.

I had food, a large and tasty loaf, nutella, and jam to spread on it and to make drinks less wet.

Life, in a word, is good.

And they pay me for this. Pay quite well. And I don't have to go into an office, so no commute either. I work seven to three or so, and then the afternoon and evening is mine to use as I see fit, which is usually messing around on the computer, listening to the radio and watching football.

Carbonara I pack up at half three, listen to a podcast, have another coffee, then prepare dinner, so to bring it all together at six when Jools came home, served with a bottle of wine that was delivered during the afternoon.

And what better in the evening to have the radio on and watch some football on the tellybox? Man Utd v Chelsea, not the thrashing for the home side as expected, a 1-1 draw in the end, but entertaining.

And that was that, time for bed.

No comments: