Saturday 23 April 2022

Friday 22nd April 2022

Dontcha just love a four day week?

I know I do.

So, it's Friday.

And, in theory, just a six hour day as I have a contracted 37.5 hour week. That's the theory.

Jools also has just a six hour day, finishing at one, at which point we might go out, or shopping, or both or neither.

I am all logged on for work at seven, no meetings, but plenty of calls as the usual Friday morning updates come pouring in and a little bit of me cares a little less.

One hundred and twelve But it is Friday, and I do have a couple of calls, one with a colleague in India with whom I have a good relationship. Its hard having that with colleagues who are halfway round the world, four and a half hours ahead, but there is respect and friendship. And it is calls like that which makes work wothwhile.

A later calls reveals that previously, someone lied to be in a brazen way, and has disregarded a direct order. Frankly I would shoot him at dawn.

Otherwise it is a fine, if windy day, and there is the monster loaf to munch through, smothering toasted slices with butter and nutella and drowing buckets of tea.

The final meeting was at half one, we chat about stuff and agree on a way forward. Wish each other a good weekend, and I log off before anyone else can come along and ruin my good mood.

Three for a girl Jools arrives home and we agree not nice enough to go for a walk, so we have a brew and some toast, listen to some music and she watched Picard, series 2.

I don't.

I still don't have the inclination to watch drama or much else if I'm honest. I edit the final shots from the third day of my trip to Rhodes before the music quiz.

New build In the quiz, the clues were even more off the wall than usual, I failed to guess was U2, so nil points for Jelltex.

We drive to Jen's, where she had prepared chicken and oven fries for dinner. We eat and chat, drink wine.

A good start for the weekend.

Not so good was cards, although we don't lose much, and we finish at a sensible time, so rush home and then to bed, finding out from the four angry cats that we had gone out without feeding them.

Oops.

No comments: