Tuesday 12 April 2022

Monday 10th April 2022

Back to work.

Although, in Denmark it's a three day week, as they have Thursday as well as Friday and Monday off, so many have taken the chance to have a week off using only three days vacation. Including my soon-to-be-ex-boss and my new boss, and most of my other Danish colleagues.

One hundred and one I do have some tasks, as well as clearing my inbox and dealing with my failed attempt to do travel expenses before my holiday.

Jools also went back to work of course, so we were running around getting ready to start our days.

As she left, Jools mentioned the carpet doctor was coming, I'm sure she said at midday, so I would re-arrange my meetings.

Fritillaria meleagris I watched the sun come up, or waited until it came into view, as it now rises behind next door, so it was already up and getting brighter when I snapped it through a tree growing two doors way.

Time for another coffee, listen to a pod cast and then be ready for work.

I tried to log on.

The computer said no.

The authenticator app said it would send a code by text.

No text came.

I tried again.

No text.

Call me with the code? No call came.

My phone had no signal, I realised an hour later. I restarted it and four codes came in, all now out of date. I had a fresh one sent, entered that and could start work. Only 55 minutes lost.

Fritillaria imperialis So, I log on and deal with my inbox, send out replies and have some thinking to do.

I do my working hours, bringing them up to dats and correct the travel expense report.

Six hours to go, what to do now?

But at nine the carpet cleaner came, meaning I could no longer work in the living room, so I left him to it and went outside to trm my raspberry canes, then sit with Mulder and Scully in the warm sunshine.

Primula veris The carpet looks smashing, though

I fill the day. Somehow.

I don't feel like going for a walk, so don't. Instead I make some foccacia, using the pickled garlic flowers my friend from Canada sent me, and it came out wonderful, and went so well with our first insalata caprese of the year.

Tulip No wine was drunk, as my foot is still swollen. Sadly.

We wash up, make a coffee, and reflect on how shagged we both were again.

Only Monday.

In bed to read, and fall asleep.

No comments: