Saturday 30 April 2022

Friday 29th April 2022

Friday is meeting day. Apparently.

After logging on at seven non-stop meetings until eleven, a half hour break then another, one more half hour break and then meetings until half two.

I wouldnn't mind, but nothing really get agreed.

Which means I had to be fed and watered before seven, a fresh coffee and a bowl of fruit to eat while the first meeting plays out.

It was cloudy outside, and breezy, but felt warmer than it has for a couple of days. It was also bin day, so they had to be put out before seven too.

By lunchtime, clouds cleard and so I went out to snap some wildflowers in the lawnmeadow, also, hoping to see a butterfly or two, but none seen. Though a hugebumble bee was snapped in one of the flower beds.

One hundred and nineteen But work was also calling.

Final meeting of the day was with my new boss, who despite being German, has a great sense of humour and was really interested in my plans for the weekend.

As soon as that was over, I log off as I hit my contracted hours, and it was the weekend. Not only that, a three day weekend as Monday is a bank holiday, and I have planned to fill all three days with orchids.

Poppy You will not be surprised to hear.

Jools returned from work, having called in at Tesco, so had a car full of stuff for the weekend. We pack that away and make a brew.

Phew, we were pooped. As usual.

As it was the last Friday or the month, and I had not won a point in the music quiz this month, I said I would skip it so we could go to Jen's earlier.

We watched a bit of snooker until John arrived, then we feasted on chicken dippers and garlic potatoes. And wine.

We washed up and played cards, Jools and I ended up a little up, but John (again) scooped the jackpot at the end of the evening.

Back home for half nine, and there was still ligth in the sky away to the west.

No comments: