Tuesday 1 November 2022

Monday 31st October 2022

All Hallow's Eve.

And a Monday, so back to work.

I slept poorly, waking up at regular intervas, and maybe laying the the dark for an hour or more.

I guess I thought I had a cold or flu coming, with a poor night's sleep comes the risk of a migraine, so I knew I probably wouldn't last much beyond lunchtime working.

Jools went back swimming, as her cough is pretty much gone now, so I sat in the dark, listened to a podcast and fired up the leptop at seven, ready for work.

Concentration was had to come by, and by lunchtime I didn't feel that good at all.

Three hundred and four And I was getting very cold. My feet certainly, so I logged off from work and went to bed.

Sleep would not come, neither would warmth.

I should have put the heating on, but told myself it was because I hadn't had any lunch.

I got up at four, made a coffee and soon warmed up as the over-sugared brew worked in making me feel better, as did the cold and flu capsules I took.

Whay I ddn't know, or guess, was that I had caught COVID, probably on that last session at the beer festival. I would only get confirmation on Tuesday morning when I took a test.

We shared a pizza, and warmed me up so much I took off my jumper.

But I felt like crap, so after writing a blog I went to bed at half seven, while putside the first autumnal storm raged and threw rain at the back of the house.

I fell into a fitful sleep, but did better, even if I did ache all over.

No comments: