Wednesday 9 November 2022

Tuesday 8th November 2022

I am here on the island for work after all, and so it is time to earn my corn.

I am in my usual room at the back of the hotel, next tot he kitchen, but once that closes, its quiet enough.

I had slept well enough.

The trick is to be out of the room and waiting at the restaurant by half seven, to be seated first, have breakfast first having placed the order for cooked food first.

Three hundred and twelve All which I did, after a shower and a change of clothes.

Breakfast was sausage and bacon butty, eaten at the small table by the window so I could watch the ferries and ships in the Solent.

I took a shot to show its all true.

I down a pot of coffee, and am set.

I don't even have to program the sat nav, just drive inland to the main road to Newport, then along to the traffic lights at the Stag, and down the lane.

While I worked, the weather threw everything at the island, rain hammered on the roof, and buckets collected rain water that got through.

I am done at four, and rush to get back to the hotel before the next storm sweeps through. More was expected in the evening, so I would eat in the hotel again.

Egypt Point I go down at seven and have steak and ale pie with veg and a pint of island ale.

It was pretty good, but amazingly, I was pooped.

No cheese.

No port, just upstairs to follow the football on the radio and try to stay awake.

No comments: